One of Encompass insureds sideswiped me, then kept going.They were sited for reckless driving, and I was given the opportunity to press charges for criminal hit and run (which in retrospect I probably should have done).

After I reported my claim, their claims adjuster never contacted me. When I finally reached someone high enough in their organization to put me in touch with the adjuster directly, I was told that they would do nothing to repair my car or provide me with a rental until they had completed a “thorough investigation to establish liability” at some point in the indefinite future. When I noted that their insured had been cited and I had not, I was told that the police report was inadequate to establish fault. At that point I filed a collision claim with my own insurance and will let them pursue Encompass.

I will also likely inform their insured to expect to be sued if I do not recover my collision deduction soon. If you are considering buying insurance from Encompass, think twice.

They do not have your back.And remember that you, personally, are responsible for any damages or injuries that you cause.

Preferred solution: Claim settled promptly with no out-of-pocket expense to me..

I didn't like: Claims handling.