Update by user Oct 28, 2011

It\'s been 30 days and still no luck with encompass, I just came from court this morning and they told me that encompass was supposed to send me something in writing that they would cover the rental car. Needless to say, I have hired an attorney to fight this situation for me.

Original review posted by user Sep 27, 2011

Encompass is full of ***, 1 of their drivers hit my car. She then told the police one thing at the scene and told encompass (her company) something totally different.

They first said they would cover my rental vehicle, then when the bill reached 2 grand (in just 35days) they said they would find it a 50/50 loss, which I was not accepting b/c I had done nothing wrong. The next week they just flat out denied the claim. Even though all evidence pointed at their insured being guilty. I informed them that there was a traffic camera at the light they told me I would have to contact the city for the video (which is absurd).

BTW on top of that she ignored them for 30 days (guess she had 2 come up with another lie about the accident scene). When I called my insurance company and told them about the chain of events (i.e. the woman having 2 different stories about the accident) they said a "normal" company would have questioned her lying.

I will be filling a complaint with the insurance bureau for my state and also the BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Encompass Insurance Claim.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 27, 2011.

Comments

Manhattan, New York, United States #873678

Encompass is evil. Their homeowners policy adjuster has lied to me over and over again.

Their strategy is to crush the claimant and just take all the money.

Encompass was bought by Allstate in 2005 and went gradually to ***.

Allstate is the worst-rated insurance company in the country. They are just pure evil.

Run away, run away...

Insurance said they would cover it. And now they are, thanks for talking 2 me like Im a kid.

2,000.00 for a rental in 35 days? your insane if you expect an insurance company to Pay that.

most people carrie coverage of 30 / day or a total of 900.00 the rest u have to pay or have the girl that hit you pay. Insurance does have limits.

use your head next time you rent a vehicle. ***.