Update added by user Jan 12, 2015
This company is ridiculous.My insurer informed me months ago that Encompass and (my insurance) entered into a neutral arbitration process where both companies send their investigations of the claim.
The neutral company views all evidence and decides who was at fault. That process completed on Jan 4, 2015. I was found NOT AT FAULT for any damages that occured and not financially liable. Therefor the Encompass insured driver was at fault, which means encompass is financially liable.
I waited for Encompass to call me to discuss from Jan 4 to Jan 12th and contacted them.
They continue to deny the claim.Uploaded is the written document my insurer sent me regarding the outcome of the arbitration process.
Update added by user Dec 01, 2014
The at-fault encompass insurance insured driver was cited at the scene for causing the accident "unsafe lane change" the document uploaded is her attorney signing the citation admitting that she in fact did make an unsafle lane change.I removed the names of all involved.
At the bottom of the document: "I certify that under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that I committed the above infraction [...]"
My car is still wrecked in my driveway.
Its been 3 months.All I have received from encompass insurance is semi-threatening letters from encompass stating that their insured did everything right, trying to convince me that the accident was my fault and that lying to them is punishable under law.
Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2014
9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in a small 2 door car, next to her as she made a lane change and forced me out of my lane and into a parked car.
Police were called and they came to the scene to take the report.
Police report narrative(EXACTLY how it is in the police report(names removed):
driver#2(me) told me that he was NB on 35th ave sw in the curb lane when vehicle #1 put on her turn signal and moved into his lane causing him to swerve to get out of the way. This action forced him into striking vehicle #3 (legally parked). Driver#1(her) told me that she put on her turn signal and began to change lanes when she saw that #2 was in the curb lane and moved back into her own lane. #1 was NB in the inside lane at the time. #2(me) told me that he was just behind #1 putting him in her blind spot. #1 was cited for an unsafe lane change..."
There is also a diagram drawn by the police officer included in the report showing my vehicle next to hers.
On 8/21/2014 Encompass claims adjuster Andy called me at 1030AM and denied the claim stating to me on the phone "You made an unsafe swerve" so we are denying liability.
On 9/3/2014 I called Andy and asked for his supervisor contact info and a written claim denial letter. Written on 9/3/2014 the day I asked for an official denial letter: "The driver of your vehicle made an unsafe turning motion caused by an overreaction to our insured beginning a lane change. As no contact was made between the two vehicles our insured has no liability in this loss."
I spoke with Andy's supervisor Linette and asked her to review the claim, and she also upheld the denial: Quoted from my voicemail: "[...]stay with liability denial based on fact that no contact between the vehicles we are considering inappropriate evasive action and not accepting liability."
I was right next to this woman's Jeep Grand Cherokee in a 2 door car. She was negligent in checking to see if a vehicle was in the lane she wanted to be in before making her lane change.
If you have encompass insurance, I would find a better insurer. I am going to be forced to have to sue this woman for damages.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Poor Insurance Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was involved in a car accident on September 24th 2014 in which the who i had hit was uninsured and driving when he took off from the scene of..."
- "My daughter, Savannah, my wife Lori, and I wanted to thank so many of you who donated to help Savannah recently so we could purchase a wheelchair lift to get..."
- "I recently switched from Geico to Travelers for my home and car insurance. The car insurance was substantially lower and the home insurance a bit higher. All policies had the..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."