Got my first bill from them and it was a notice of cancellation. Called them to see what the deal was and they said they sent a bill and it was never paid.

So I asked to pay it over the phone and they said they were unable to do that or anything online and I still have a $25 late fee for their mistake. So the only way I can send them my payment is through mail...

Get with the times. It was impossible to speak with an actual person too and when I got a hold of someone, they were pretty rude.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 06, 2011.

Comments

Saint James, New York, United States #395194

Sorry, Ticked off. My coverage is not in MA and I did not realize they would be so different.

Actually, Lisa, if the OP has an auto policy in MA, they can't pay on the automated line. We've always had to pay our auto policies in person or through the mail.

Only our homeowners policy is covered through automated or online payments. We've found it impossible to reach anyone in customer service at Encompass.

Only the claims line works. It's ridiculous.

This is so not true. While the post office may not have delivered your first bill you can pay on an automated phone line, on the phone to your agent or even on line. Are you sure you were speaking with an Encompass representative or someone in your agent's office?