1.5K views

Encompass is an arm of allstate. I have been paying house insurance for 40 years and never put in a claim.

I had water leaks in my basement and never even put in a claim. I hired a company to water proof the basement instead. Then the CITY'S MAIN SEWER PIPE crushed in and SEWER WATER came up my floor drains. By the time I saw it, it was 12-18 inches.

I called insurance company, water disaster relief, (yellow pages), city, and anyone who would help me get my things out of that awful water. With the pump the water disaster people hooked up and ran for 2 days, the water never went lower than 8 inches. That was 7 months ago. I have been called a liar, greedy, the things in my basement was only just a bunch of junk, and asked to sign a paper giving the insurance company my approval to check my credit, approval to see if I have ever been in jail, etc.

I have nothing. Moved out of the house. Had to. HIRED AN ATTORNEY AND SENT A COMPLAINT TO THE STATE OF MI INSURANCE REGULATORY AGENCY.

I was moving the day this water came up. Had renters. Lost renters. My moving truck had to leave behind 1/2 of my belongings.

Wet and ruined. The water people shoved all the wet, black mold furniture and all my belongings that were ruined inside my garage, pushing back everything I need to get to. Hired another truck to go get the rest of my things that made it and the insurance company wouldn't send out the dumpster and men to get the wet stuff out of there in order for my movers to get to my things. Lost that truck and those movers.

They don't move unknown items. They need to know what they are moving. This story could go on for hours for me to tell you what this insurance company has put me through. Last time I spoke with the insurance adjustor he had me so upset, I had to throw up and go lay down.

Then I hired a lawyer. Life isn't fair but I am 61 years old and my whole life was down in my waterproofed basement. Not junk.. Now they don't want to pay me.

I moved to another house. This house is empty of furniture. I have couch and a bed. 2 lamps.

No linen. The basement was finished. Knotty Pine. One bedroom.

Had two queen sized bedroom sets in it.

All ruined.

Product or Service Mentioned: Encompass Insurance Claim.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 24, 2012.

Comments