1K views

Warning to all Encompass Insurance customers.Emcompass will not cover any claimes to your home due to water damage. I had a deluxe policy and paid encompass over 15,000 dollars over the years.

I had some minor damage to my home and I was denied coverage.Encompass Insurance will take your money every month.When it comes time to pay a couple of dollars for a claim, Encompass Insuranse will tell you that your not covered. Please beware of Encompass Insurance company before you have a major claim and Encompass Insurance company will not cover you.

Read your policy. Get a new insurance company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Encompass Insurance Claim.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 31, 2011.

Comments

Williamstown, New Jersey, United States #1186793

This is so true. My siding came off in a storm and they said it would take about 100 to fix it so do it yourself.

Then while they were at my house they said I better repair water damage on my roof and he was marking it down on my policy so if I tried to put a claim in they wouldn't cover it. Today I got a letter from them to clean the Moss off the side of my house!

It sounds like you had a slow leak. Very few companies cover slow leaks.

The only two I am aware of that still include that coverage are Nationwide and State Farm. However even though they cover it you better make sure the claim is worth it.

One water claim can cause a $500 increase and keep another insurance company from picking up your business for five years. I highly recommend taking care of the damage yourself unless it's a large claim.

BEWARE!!!! I RECENTLY EXPERIENCED AN EIGHT (8) DAY POWER OUTAGE, NO WATER (WELL), NO HEAT. NO REFRIGERATION...LOST ABOUT FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREEZER & FOOD SPOILAGE..CALLED ENCOMPASS AND LOCAL AGENT, AND WAS TOLD THAT EVEN WITH THE ELITE DELUXE POLICY, THERE IS A FIVE HUMDRED DOLLAR DEDUCTIBLE!!!!MONEY SPENT ON HIGH PREMIUMS A COMPLETE WASTE.

Written by CH on March 18, 2012 from lake city, florida, US

Before 1998 Large Private Insurance Companies had no problem writing Home Owners Insurance for the Gulf Coast! But.....

after 1998 many Gulf Coast Residence were left to pick up the pieces alone. Lives were left in shambles and while large Private Insurance companies banked and provided for their children, we were left to explain to ours WHY?? Why cant we go home, Why are you crying Daddy/Mommy, WHY??? These are the stories and lives left in shambles.......

"We The People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common deference, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"....... We the People have the power to change the injustice that is sweeping the Gulf Coast. We must stand firm and strong against the Large Insurance Company's that have been UNJUST! Help us pass a new BILL for the Gulf Coast Regions to STOP the Large Private Insurance Company's from profiting on any avenue without keeping their promises.

We can make change TOGETHER we can prevail WE are GCC NATION Standing United!

Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and North Carolina! Join us today on fb - Gulf Coast Citizins

Water claims generally depend on the cause of loss and the origination of the water. The instance that J Naughton described is generally covered by a comprehensive perils insurance policy.

Sewer & Drain backup from an outside water source must be added to the Deluxe Policy.

The Elite Policy comes with $25,000 in coverage. Being with another insurance company probably wouldn't have had a different result.

james rago, adjuster sucks

I had a a water damage claim 2008 couple thousand dollars, an up flush in bastment bathroom , broke down and some how hotwater began flowing all over. The company paid for everything. I didn't have any problems.

It depends on where the water came from and how the policy is written.

If you are in Maryland or Pennsylvania, I can re-open your claim and persue compensation. My initial consultation is complimentary. If you chose to use my service, I am paid only when you get paid.

Additionally, if they rightfully denied, I will explain how they did that and what you can do to protect yourself from future loss.