Tacoma, Washington
1.7

My former spouse gained access to my house when I was out of town, AFTER we were divorced, stole ALL of my possessions and then vandalized my home, even removing outbuildings, cabinets and fixtures. Just prior to her theft she illegally changed the insurance to her name and then canceled it without any legal authority.

We were not married! Encompass, in their policy conditions, explicitly required written cancellation notice from ME and only me for any changes, which they did not have. They denied me all coverage and I was so destitute I could not deal with hiring a lawyer to fight them.

I was insured.

I lost everything I owned, a value exceeding $230,000. I had insurance, but I was abandoned by Encompass. They had made an error and penalized me for their error.

They may pay out small claims but if something catastrophic happens, the reason for insurance in the first place, they abandon you.

Note that I was their good customer for years prior to this. They do not honor their policies and the rules that they themselves write.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Encompass Insurance Cons: Handling of claims.

Comments

If she was a named insured on the policy, regardless of your marital status, the fault is not on the company for not paying this claim.