A driver insured by Encompass backed into my car in a parking lot.I was in the car but it was stopped.

The other driver admitted she was at fault. Encompass decided both drivers were equally at fault so my insurance company (State Farm which is a good insurance company unlike Encompass which is, in my humble opinion, just an on line ripoff) and I have to pay for the repair. Don't expect fair and honest treatment from Encompass. If you are in an accident with a driver insured by encompass get a recorded statement.

Encompass will rip you off is they can get away with it.If you are insured by Encompass, think about switching to a company with local representatives that you can work with if there are problems.

Review about: Encompass Insurance Auto Insurance.

Had an Experience with Encompass Insurance?

Comments

If Encompass declines fault, your insurance company is responsible to settle with them. If they don't settle then your insurance company would be the one that handles the claim and repair. Sounds like the above complaints blaim Encompass but should be blaming their own carrier, which in the one case is State Farm.

Same thing here!An Encompass driver backed into my husband's truck, and accepted full responsibility.

Encompass says my husband is 10% liable for failing to take evasive action, even though their insured backed into the rear cab/bed of our truck when he was 75% past the other driver!

They are trying to nickel and dime to save money.The state insurance commissioner should shut them down.

i am going thru the same thing, and my car has been in the shop for over a month, with minor damage from an Encompass insured, who admitted to backing into me.

the adjusters are ' too busy' to go to the shop to give the 'ok' to repair the damage, or they dont ' have time - they are busy' . HORRIBLE COMPANY