Tampa, Florida

Just got my renewal for auto insurance from Encompass. Have been with them since 2007.

They kept raising my premium every year, not that bad until now. $2,800 / yr for me and my wife !! Got a quote from competitor for less than half with same coverage. Also, it was recommended to me to shop auto/home insurance every time you are close to renewal.

Some insurance companies may have a bad year and they jack up everyone's premiums. Also, I finally got Encompass Ph # 800 262 9262. I got it from the Agent's office - she gave it to me by mistake, said she wasn't supposed to give out that #.

WTF !!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Encompass Insurance Auto Insurance.

Comments

Been a customer of Encompass for past 26 years. No claims or losses yet this year my rate is going up by almost $300.

Called company. They claim 2 rate increases and loss claims from other clients.

What does that have to do with me? Will cancel.

It is highly unlikely that another carrier's premium is less than half that of Encompass and provides the same coverage for the same period. If that were the case - no one would buy Encompass Insurance in the first place.

If I were you I'd check your policy to see if (1) the coverage & limits are truly the same and (2) how long is the policy period - 12 or 6 months?

Once you find a good agent - rest assured that they will check their other carriers for you at renewal to make sure you are paying the right price for the right coverage. Cheap isn't everything.